St Mary’s Osterley Pre-School Playgroup is held in St Mary’s Osterley Parish Centre and is fully accessible for the disabled.
We run playgroup sessions on Monday to Fridays between 8.30am and 2.30pm (6 hours) or between 9.30am and 12.30pm (3 hours).
The setting accesses the 2 year funding and the 3/4 year funding as well as 30 hours offer and tax free childcare.
Places are offered with fees if funding is not available. Please see our sections on Fees and Funding to determine your eligibility.
Children are admitted from the time the child reaches the age of 2 years, but normally during the academic year they reach 3 years old, to the term of their fifth birthday.
The playgroup is registered by OFSTED under the 1989 Children Act and is registered as charity 1042164. Our last OFSTED inspection rated us Outstanding.
If you would to enquire about places please contact us.
St. Mary’s Playgroup was established in 1970 by a number of interested mothers. Today, the Playgroup is still run by a committee of parents. The committee appoints the Supervisor/s and helpers and is responsible for policy making and the business side of running Playgroup. The committee consists of up to 15 members and the Vicar is Honorary President. Each member is elected for one year.
As members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance (PLA) we aim to provide the highest quality education and care for all our children. We aim to offer a welcome to each individual child and family and to provide a warm and caring environment within which all children can learn and develop as they play.
The Supervisor/s and staff are responsible for the day to day running of the Playgroup. If you have any worries about your child, please talk to your child’s Keyworker or the Supervisor who will be happy to help and reassure you. We believe children and parents are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt, careful attention to their needs and wishes. Our intention is to work in partnership with parents and the community and we welcome suggestions on how to improve our group at any time.
Playgroup is a registered charity and does not receive any guaranteed grants – we must be self-supporting. The fees charged and funding received only partially covers costs and we sometimes raise funds to help fund for all the materials we use and to maintain and replace our equipment.
We also like to support other charities and we have taken part in Red Nose Day, Sport Relief, Children in Need and World Book Day.
Ofsted Rates Us Outstanding
We are delighted and proud to announced that after an inspection on 4th February 2016 we have been rated as outstanding.
The summary says:
- Children thrive in a warm, welcoming and highly stimulating environment. The setting provides a wide variety of resources and exciting activities for children to explore.
- The promotion of equality, respect and tolerance is at the heart of the setting’s work and is thoroughly embedded.
- Staff work in excellent partnerships with parents and actively involve them in their children’s learning. For example, play plans outlining what children are learning are shared with parents. Parents also have the opportunity to have a say in how the setting is run by joining the parents’ committee and completing regular questionnaires.
- The relationships between children and their key person are excellent. Children form secure attachments and are confident and ready to learn.
- The manager and staff have a deep understanding of the curriculum and how to apply it to meet the children’s needs. All children make exceptional progress.