The following rules are subject to alteration due to COVID-19 restrictions when parents/carers are not allowed in the building.
Parents / Carers are asked:‑
Please telephone before 9.30am if your child for any reason is going to be absent from playgroup. Please do not text us; it is always best to speak to a member of staff.
- Not to bring children before 9.30am or 1.30pm on a Wednesday (except if on parent rota) because of insurance restrictions and time for staff preparation. The door will be locked until 9.20am every morning and 1.20pm on a Wednesday afternoon.
- To please park in Osterley Road and not to park on the Church driveway at any time. It is very dangerous for children arriving at and leaving playgroup by running down the path and we are not insured and it is in fact a condition of our OFSTED registration.
- To initial against your child’s name on the register on the notice board. This is most important as the register is not called until later and we need to keep a list of children actually there on each day. To hand their child to their keyworker if possible or to the supervisor.
- That if they arrive after 9.45 in the morning or 1.45 in the afternoon to please sign their ‘time of arrival’ in the ‘Arrivals and Departures’ book and similarly their ‘time of leaving’ if they collect children before the end of the session.
- To inform the child’s keyperson or supervisor/s if someone different is collecting them. Please make sure that anyone collecting your child has the emergency phone number so that they can inform us if they are going to be late.
- To inform the child’s keyperson or supervisor of any health problems. If your child is being treated by the doctor for any reason, or has an obviously streaming cold, or tummy upset, please do not bring them to Playgroup. It is unfair to everybody, including your child. Please let the Supervisor know if your child contracts any infectious disease and also if he/she is going to be absent for more than a day or two, please telephone Liz at home after 2.00 p.m.
- To give two emergency contact numbers of local relatives, friends or neighbours. They can name another parent who may take their child. They will need to know the password.
- To bring and collect their child on time. A member of staff will stand at the door for 5 mins. 9.30-9.35. If you are late you will have to ring the door bell. The outside door can be opened automatically but you will need to wait for someone to open the inside door.
- Please collect your child at 12.30 or 4.30 pm prompt. It can be very distressing on your child and unfair on staff who may have other jobs / appointments to attend if you are late. If you are to be unavoidably late, please ring the mobile number to let us know. The door will not be opened until 12.30/4.30pm for the safety of your child.
- Your child will not be allowed to go home with anyone we do not know or have not been informed will be collecting their child.
- Every effort will be made to contact someone in the event the child is left but that if 30 minutes elapses and the child is still left, the social services duty officer will be contacted.