Without support, families can feel alone or isolated. Home-Start is a local charity which can offer compassionate and confidential support to families with children under 5 in the Boroughs of Richmond, Kingston and Hounslow.
They support parents as they learn to cope, improve their confidence and build better lives for their children. The benefits of the support include improved health and wellbeing and better family relationships.
Families could benefit from Home-Start’s help if they are:
- feeling lonely or isolated in your community, have no family nearby and are struggling to make friends.
- finding it hard to cope if your child is ill or because you are ill.
- have been hit hard by the death of a loved one.
- struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having a baby, young children, twins or triplets. under the age of 5 years
Home-Start Richmond, Kingston & Hounslow are currently offering:
- Regular telephone support through co-ordinators and volunteers whilst the home-visiting service is on hold.
- Someone to talk to and emotional support during these uncertain and isolating times.
- Support for challenges like financial worries, relationship issues or living in poor housing.
- Guidance on parenting in the early years.
- Ideas and activities to keep children active at home