Pupil Premium

Your childcare provider or school will be able to claim extra funding if you receive one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income not over £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credits

Or if your child

  • has left care (even after one day)
  • is a foster child
  • is with you through special guardianship or an arrangement order
  • has been adopted

If you think you meet the above criteria simply speak to your childcare provider or school and please give them your National Insurance Number and date of birth. This information will be used to check if extra funding for your childcare provider or school can be applied for.  Playgroup is only informed whether a family qualifies, not which conditions apply.

When Ofsted carry out an inspection they will check to see that this extra funding is helping your child to have an even better chance to learn and develop.

For more information, please contact Early Years and Childcare Service on 020 8583 6421.