Funding for 2 Year Olds

If you have a two year old child they may be able to get free childcare and early learning at a private day nursery, pre-school or with an Ofsted registered childminder if you get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
  • Working tax credit during the four-week period immediately after employment ceases or after the parent / carer starts to work less than 16 hours per week
  • Universal Credits*

*If you have recently applied for Universal Credits please contact the Early Years and Childcare Team on 020 8583 6421.

Special educational needs

You are also able to receive free childcare if your child:

  • has a current statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan
  • receives disability living allowance
  • is looked after by the local authority; or
  • has left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangement order or adoption order

If your child meets any of the looked-after or special educational needs criteria then you will not need to complete an online eligibility check form.

Please contact the Early Years and Childcare team to discuss accessing a free childcare place for your child on 020 8583 6421

Further information is also available from Hounslow Family Services.