Research has shown that the most effective, early intervention to help children is group based parenting programmes. Kids Matter charity engages local churches to provide highly effective parenting programmes which equip parents and carers in the community who are facing disadvantages with confidence, competence and community, enabling their children to thrive.
The programme is meant for parents and carers of children aged 0-10 and lasts for 6 weeks. It usually consists of small groups of 4-8 parents and is led by someone from the local community working together with their user-friendly & evidence-informed booklets. The sessions are planned as follows
- Taster – Come and see what it’s like to be a Kids Matter Group
- Session 1 – Being a strong family
- Session 2 – Loving our children well
- Session 3 – Play, encouragement and listening
- Session 4 – Routines, choices and rewards
- Session 5 – Family rules and consequences
- Session 6 – The bigger picture
- Booster – Checking in 3 months later
Free breakfast and crèche facilities will be provided at every session
The next Kids Matter Taster session will be on 7th June 2021 at 9:30 am at St Mary’s Church, Worton Road, Isleworth TW7 6ER.
To book your place contact Rachel on 07939 472323 or email@example.com